745′ Historical Steam Freight Run will start in Belle Chasse and end at the NOGC Yard in Gretna. The following suggested route should allow for multiple viewing locations.
* Please respect all traffic laws.
* Do not enter railroad or private property without permission.
- The trip will start near 14715 LA-23, Belle Chasse, LA
- Head northwest on LA-23 for 3.6 miles
- Turn Right onto Hwy 11 and travel north for 1.5 miles
- Turn Right onto LA-23
- Travel North on LA-23 and continue past LA 23 BBQ. The train will turn away from the highway and into the Bell Chasse Yard
- Travel North on LA-23 as the highway curves and continues to the northwest. After crossing the drawbridge, the tracks will then turn away from Belle Chasse Highway near Mel Ott Park.
- Turn Right onto Hwy 90 (West Band Expressway) and stay on the access road. The train will pass under the Westbank Expressway by Primary Veterinary Care ( 90 Westbank Expy, Gretna, LA).
- Turn Left on Stumpf Blvd.
- Turn Right on Kepler St. The Train will then pass up the last major crossing near Cafe 615 ( 615 Kepler St, Gretna, LA 70053).
- Turn Left on Monroe St.
- Turn Left on Romain St.
- Turn Right on Madison St. The train will travel North on Madison Street. This is a residential street with limited room. The trip will conclude at the Gretna yard.