Looking for a unique Christmas holiday event in New Orleans? Then look no further than Santa’s North Pole Steam Train. This a one-of-kind Crescent City Christmas train is
The Louisiana Steam Train Association (LASTA) will operate the historic steam locomotive Southern Pacific 745 on a holiday special run on Saturday, December 15, 2018, departing from the tracks on The Fly at the rear of Audubon Park and steaming down-river toward Blaine Kern’s Mardi Gras World.
Once at Mardi Gras World passengers will detrain and go inside for a festive holiday party that includes a special showing of everyone’s favorite Christmas movie, The Polar Express! Of course, there will be hot chocolate and cookies for all to enjoy. So, kids, wear your pajamas and bring a blanket to spread out and enjoy the movie!
After the party and the movie, all will hop back onboard Santa’s North Pole Steam Train which will then chug its way to the Moon Walk to pick up that jolly old man himself, Santa Claus! As the special train heads back to the Fly at Audubon Park Santa will walk through the train handing out
Seating is very limited on the Santa’s North Pole Steam Train. Tickets are only available online and must be purchased before December 14, 2018. We will be operating four cars and will offer three different ticket options.
Please review the following information on the train and the Terms of Transportation before you place your order.
Our Historic Steam Locomotive
SP 745 is the last surviving steam locomotive built-in Louisiana. The locomotive has been operated by the
The City of New Orleans and Louisiana parlor cars were built by Pullman Company in 1927 and each offers coach seating for 60 passengers.
The “Royal Street” Pullman observation car was delivered to the Louisville and Nashville Railroad in 1950. It offers lounge seating for 25 passengers and has two suites. Each suite will seat up to 5 passengers.
The “Bonnie Brook” was built in 1946 by the Budd Company and offers lounge seating for 25 passengers. It also has two suites, each seating up to 5 passengers.
Terms of Transportation
- Tickets are not transferable. If you do not board your train as booked, your entire reservation is subject to cancellation.
- In order to ensure the quality of travel and safety and security of its passengers, we may refuse to carry passengers who pose a health, safety or security hazard to other passengers or our staff.
- Smoking and tobacco products are not permitted on the train or at any point during the event.
- No food, drink or pets are allowed on the train.
- Passengers are entitled to one seat per fare. Unless specific seats are assigned, seating is on a first come – first served basis.
- Children under the age of 18 may not travel unaccompanied. They must travel with a parent, legal guardian or adult.
- One child (classified as an infant) under the age of two may ride free with each fare-paying adult (age 18+). Children under 2 years old can travel on the lap or in the arm of an adult. For safety reasons, no strollers are permitted.
- In the event of mechanical issues, a diesel locomotive may be used as a substitute.
- Weather, equipment, host railroad traffic or other conditions beyond our control may require us to cancel, terminate, divert, postpone or delay the train without liability except to issue a refund. The refund will be made in the original form of payment in accordance with refund policies listed on Eventbrite.com.
- Passengers assume all risk incidental to the event and agree that the Louisiana Steam Train Association, the New Orleans Public Belt and all employees, agents, officers, and directors are hereby released from any and all claims arising from the event, including claims of negligence.