A UNIQUE CRESCENT CITY CHRISTMAS EXPERIENCE SUPPORTING THE REBUILD OF HISTORIC NEW ORLEANS STEAM LOCOMOTIVE… SOUTHERN PACIFIC (SP) 745!
During the last two holiday seasons, the Louisiana Steam Train Association (LASTA) hosted Santa’s North Pole Steam Train, pulled by an actual living, breathing, literal blast from the past, Southern Pacific steam locomotive #745. Now the nearly 100-year-old New Orleans built steam engine, is currently being rebuilt. So, this year, to help raise money for the rebuild, the Louisiana Steam Train Association (LASTA) presents… Papa Noel’s Holiday Train.
Papa Noel’s Holiday Train
- Papa Noel’s Holiday Train will depart on the railroad tracks at Audubon Park’s Riverview (The Fly) ONE DAY ONLY on Saturday, December 14th aboard a special diesel-powered holiday train courtesy of the New Orleans Public Belt Railroad.
- On board enjoy a magical holiday experience for the entire family with Christmas caroling, music, storytelling and some special surprises!
- Ticket prices begin at $65 per seat in one of the Public Belt’s two beautiful parlor cars, “The City of New Orleans” or “Louisiana.”
- Premium seating is also available in either of two special observation lounge cars, “The Royal Street” or “The Bonnie Brook.” Seats in the lounge portion of each car are $80 or you can opt for a private suite that comfortably seats 5 for $500.
- Papa Noel’s Holiday Train will depart at approximately 10:30 am and 3 pm SATURDAY ONLY so don’t be late for this New Orleans Christmas celebration!
- Seats are limited so go online now to assure you won’t be disappointed! Go to www.LASTA.org/santa2019 to easily and securely purchase your tickets today for Papa Noel’s Holiday Train!
- And remember, proceeds from Papa Noel’s Holiday Train support the rebuild of a true New Orleans historical railroad gem…SP 745!
Please note the following schedule change…
- Train #1 – Saturday – 12/14 @ 10:30 AM
- Train #2 – Saturday – 12/14 @ 3:00 PM
Since SP-745 is out of service for the 15-year rebuild, this year’s train will be pulled by a diesel-powered locomotive operated by the New Orleans Public Belt Railroad.
City of New Orleans – In January 1927, The “Helena Modjeska” was built by the Pullman Company. In 1964, it was converted to a business-office car. Several years later, the Clinchfield Railroad began to use the car for steam excursions and the famous “Santa Clause Special.” NOPB acquired the car in 2002 and was it renamed The “City of New Orleans”.
Louisiana – Built in April 1927 by Pullman Company, the car was operated until 1954. It was renamed the “City of Wabash” and ran on the Wabash Railroad from until 1962. The NOPB acquired the car in 2006 and it was renamed The “Louisiana”.
Royal Street – This Pullman Observation car was build in 1950 and delivered to the Louisville and Nashville Railroad (L&N). It offers lounge seating for 25 passengers and has two suites. Each suite will seat up to 5 passengers.
Bonnie Brook – Between 1946 and the end of production, the Budd Company built 51 observation cars. Built in 1946 for New York Central Railroad (NYC #10563), the car offers lounge seating for 25 passengers. Each of the two suite will seat up to 5 passengers.
Terms of Transportation
- Tickets are not transferable. If you do not board your train as booked, your entire reservation is subject to cancellation.
- No refunds!
- In order to ensure the quality of travel and safety and security of its passengers, we may refuse to carry passengers who pose a health, safety or security hazard to other passengers or our staff.
- Smoking and tobacco products are not permitted on the train or at any point during the event.
- No food, drink or pets are allowed on the train.
- Passengers are entitled to one seat per fare. Unless specific seats are assigned, seating is on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Children under the age of 18 may not travel unaccompanied. They must travel with a parent, legal guardian or adult.
- One child (classified as an infant) under the age of two may ride free with each fare-paying adult (age 18+). Children under 2 years old can travel on the lap or in the arm of an adult. For safety reasons, no strollers are permitted.
- Weather, equipment, host railroad traffic or other conditions beyond our control may require us to cancel, terminate, divert, postpone or delay the train without liability.
- Passengers assume all risk incidental to the event and agree that the Louisiana Steam Train Association, the New Orleans Public Belt and all employees, agents, officers, and directors are hereby released from any and all claims arising from the event, including claims of negligence.