LASTA visits the Kansas City Southern Railway and with KCS President Mike Haverty.
745 and its crew made four runs each day during the weekend using a Push-Pull set up, three RDC coaches and a diesel on the rear for the return run. There were 1050 riders for the weekend. This event was sponsored by the Heart of the Heartlands Railroad Club with the assistance of South Kansas Oklahoma Railroad and Watco Companies, Inc.
LASTA’s exhibit cars were wonderfully decorated with items from the Kenner Mardi Gras museum and were displayed on Mardi Gras Day (2/28) for media and the Union Station museum staff. The exhibit opened to the public on Saturday, March 4, and remained open for several weeks.
LASTA wishes to offer special THANKS to the following people and companies for helping us get 745 to Kansas City and back home:
- Kansas City Southern Railroad and its employees, from the president down to the car man, for their support and encouragement.
- New Orleans Public Belt Railroad, for getting 745 into the general transportation system and assisting with our safety training.
- Canadian National Railway Company (CN Railroad)
- Wayne Goins and the Plasti-Shell Packing Company for the use of their spur track.
- Chief Mike Lambert with the Sorrento Fire Department
- Gonzales Police and Fire Departments
- Cypress Recycle for the late night fuel oil delivery to Sorrento
- Chief Burl Larson with the Coushatta Fire Department
- Cado Parish Dist 1 and 8, Colfax, Coushatta and Morganza as well as other Louisiana firefighters and departments who helped with our water logistics.
- Decatur(MO) Drexel (MO), Mena (AR), Neosho (MO), Pittsburg (KS) and Sallisaw(OK) Fire Departments
- A Big Thanks to all our Volunteers!